Last week Kellen and I were getting ready to go out and she pulled out an outfit I wore for my 50th birthday and asked if she could wear it. She said, “I am sure this doesn’t fit you anymore.” That comment struck me hard. I knew I had gained weight, but I was somehow trying to ignore that anyone else could actually notice or that it mattered that anyone else noticed.
Have you been pretending that something is ok in your life that really isn’t? Is there something in your life that you have been ignoring or wanting to change, but you haven’t felt strong enough mentally, physically or spiritually to be able to follow through?
We all want to find a way to be able to follow through on things that are challenging so we can experience the benefits, the health, the weight loss, the personal satisfaction that others experience. We all know that there is plenty of information out there that will work if we are consistent with what we do. But information is only one part of the answer. Mental, physical and spiritual strength is the other part. I was kind of trying things here and there, but I hadn’t put my stake in the ground and said YES! - Not only to the goal of 15 lbs, but YES to whatever it takes to retrain myself so that it becomes a sustainable and maintainable change, a new lifestyle.
I believe in making changes that are not too drastic. If the below seems too drastic to you I suggest you start with one or two things you can change now and then build new habits slowly so you don’t feel deprived and overwhelmed by doing an extreme makeover.
- 3 meals a day, no snacks
- Clean protein: grass fed, organic, free range
- All non-starchy vegetables
- Good fats: avocado, olive oil, flax seed oil, coconut oil
- 3 liters of water
- No counting calories, weighing or measuring food
- No sugar, simple carbs, dairy, fruit, or junk food
- One day a week of whatever I choose to eat
- 3 45-minute sessions a week of weight training for muscle increasing metabolism
- 2 times a week intense cardio for 30 minutes
- 1 20-minute session of yoga or stretching
- 5 minutes every morning and evening of visualization and affirmation practice
- Goals that are written, measurable, specific and time bound
- Pictures of my inspiration visible
- Body appreciation exercise for 1 minute daily
- Community support by sharing my journey with you and hopefully you sharing yours with me
I will be keeping you in the loop of my progress and findings and if you want to join me, head over to my community Facebook page as I will be posting regularly on my process and what is working and what isn’t.
This is the year I encourage you to say YES to what is important to you and YES to the process of developing the mental, physical and spiritual power to follow through.
We can do this!
Exercise Your Power
Tagsaerobics Affirmations balance Beauty choice Community Conscious Eating cravings Disciplined Attention Dr. Wayne Dyer Energy excuses EXERCISE Expert Warrior Feed your soul fit food gym habits health healthy eating I AM intenSati journey leader training LOVE Manifestation Mindful Eating Mindfulness Neville Nutrition responsibility right thinking SLWT sugar is the devil support sustainable THINNER PEACE TRAIN TO BE THE CHANGE warrior training Wealth weight why Wishes Fulfilled workout
Join Our Facebook Community